Monday, October 14, 2013

The Magic of Fall





Skirt: Madewell // similar
Blouse: Madewell // similar
Sweater: J. Crew // here
Boots: Madewell // here
Bag: Madewell // here
Necklaces: Madewell + J.Crew // similar + similar

Lately the mornings have been just perfect. I leave for work around 7am, and I've decided that it's my favorite time of the day, particularly in the fall. There's something about the air and the sky and the world that just emanates a hopeful feeling. Like anything is possible that day; like maybe it just might be the best day yet. The air is cool and crisp - cool enough just to add a little rosiness to my cheeks and to make me want to nuzzle into my coat a little more. The sun is just coming up, and it makes the pale blue sky almost glow, and the changing leaves look brilliant. And as I walk to the train, I can't help but think that despite everything that might be wrong in the world, and in my life, I'm just so lucky to be here. And it makes me want to make the best of it. So thank you, beautiful fall mornings, for reminding me of the beauty of waking up every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment