Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Emotional Shopping






Shorts: Free People // here
Top: Madewell // here
Hat: Free People // similar
Shoes: Free People // here
Bag: J.Crew // similar

Does anyone else out there use shopping to make them feel better? These shorts, this top, and that bright pink bag up there were all purchased around the time my dog Monty died...and I clearly used shopping as a coping mechanism. Did it bring Monty back? No. Do I still miss him every day? Yes. But I did get some new cute clothes, and somehow they make me think of him and smile...and whether or not it's appropriate to shop just because you're sad...well, sometimes a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do. And I like to think Monty would approve of this outfit...I mean, pink might have been his favorite color and he definitely loved to drool all over denim :)

P.S. I told you guys on Monday that I'm participating in Wallis' Summer Style Contest alongside some fabulous other ladies...and I would be SO honored (and excited) if you guys had a minute to vote for me...just click here! You rock, whether you vote or not :)



No comments:

Post a Comment