Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things That Make Me Warm & Fuzzy Thursday

Jacket, Shirt, Chambray: Gap Pants: Citizens of Humanity Scarf: J. Crew outlet Bag & Boots: J. Crew Socks: Madewell Glasses: Warby Parker






1. Huevos Rancheros. I had never really had this dish before - but it was one of the only things on the brunch menu I could eat, so I figured what the heck - it's basically nachos with eggs on them - why wouldn't it be good? And I was RIGHT - it was one of the best meals I've ever had! In the most hipster brunch place I've ever been to. Good thing I was wearing these glasses.
2. Gluten free concession stands! There was one at the basketball arena last weekend and I was SO excited. I ordered a gluten free hot dog for myself & my friend Tiff (basically just a regular hot dog with a GF bun). I thought it was awesome...Tiff, not so much. I guess it's one of those things you have to get used to...but hooray for concession stands going GF. Now if they would only sell GF beer there. And GF cookies.
3. Days off with the hubs. We both had Monday off and spent the day in downtown Boston. We shopped, ate lunch, got coffees, and then had an afternoon snack of wine & nachos. And then we both wanted to throw up from eating so many nachos. Oops.
4. Impromptu ski trips. While we were in Philly last week, my friends invited Nick & I skiing in Vermont this coming weekend...and we are GOING! I love making last minute plans...especially ones that involve skiing. Or sitting in the lodge drinking fancy hot chocolate, playing solitaire, and waving every time I come down the slope: Nick doesn't ski - but isn't he the best for agreeing to drive 4 hours just so I can go anyway? Yes he is!
5. Push up contests. For some reason, I decided it would be "fun" to challenge 1 or 2 of my guy friends to a push up contest over the weekend. Bad news: I lost (even though I did 34 REAL pushups with amazing form, if I do say so myself). Other bad news: I am still sore from those 34 push ups. Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment