Thursday, February 16, 2012

Things That Make Me Warm & Fuzzy Thursday

Jacket & Shirt: Gap Vest: Zara Necklace: Anthropologie Jeans: J. Brand Boots: J. Crew Socks: Madewell






Things That Make Me Warm & Fuzzy:

1. Uhhh...the Gap. I went in there the other day to get a birthday gift. Annnnnd I walked out with a few gifts for myself as well. This happens quite a lot when you are a shopaholic. But seriously - amazing colors, lots of stripes, shoes to die for - I was in heaven. Happy Birthday to ME (in 8 months).
2. Rocking Chairs. My dad must have some weird affinity for them, because there are literally 4 of them on our front porch. I took the liberty of trying one out after our exhausting photo sesh...and let me tell ya, there ain't nothin' better than some front porch sittin' in a rocker like this one. I get it Dad, I get it. 
3. Valentine's Day! It was my first as a married lady, and it did not disappoint. We had the Egg McMuffin of dinners - complete with a French feast of wine, escargot, duck, and my fave part - creme brulee! After which we compared food babies and then may or may not have gotten in bed (OK, fallen asleep) by 8:30pm. Successful V Day? I think so!
4. Being a Maid of Honor. My BFF is getting married next June, and last weekend we went down to NYC for her surprise engagement dinner. She knew something was up - but when we walked down to the table of friends & family - they shouted SURPRISE and then the entire room burst out cheering, whistling, and clapping. It was such an awesome moment - and I can't wait for more. I love weddings!
5. Chick flicks. Nick had a work thingy on Sunday. At first I was kind of sad that I had to spend the afternoon alone, but then I turned on the TV and saw that FX was having a chick flick marathon in honor of Valentine's Day. Well that turned my frown upside down. And I'm sure Nick would have been grateful to be at work if he knew about all the mushy, gushy awkwardly awesome, lovey dovey crap I was watching. Oh but it's the BEST kind of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment