Monday, December 17, 2012

Copycat Monday and...





Jeans: Madewell Similar: here
Tee: Madewell Similar: here
Blazer: Urban Outfitters (here)
Shoes: H&M Similar: here
Scarf: Old Navy (here)
Glasses: Warby Parker  (here)
Clutch: My mom's

Before I jump into copycat Monday, it seems strange to do so without acknowledging the terrible tragedy that occurred on Friday. I'm not really sure what to say - there really are no words, it's heartbreaking and gut-wrenching, and I hope we never have to hear about or live through anything like this ever again. Thoughts and prayers to all those affected in the tragedy...and thoughts and prayers to humanity in general.

Today's Copycat Monday outfit was inspired by this outfit on pinterest. While perusing Madewell online, I came across a sequin blazer and immediately knew I needed one in my life. How is it that seeing something on the Madewell website instantly makes me want it? I swear, they could make a sweater with a butt on it, and I would probably still want to buy it. Anywho, I wasn't about to spend $178 on their sequin blazer, so I was super excited when I came across the one I'm wearing at Urban. Funny thing - even though I needed it in my life, I had some trouble coming up with a way to style it. Enter pinterest...and the rest was history :)
I'm pretty sure pinterest could make a butt sweater look good too.

In other news...we adopted a DOG yesterday! Nick's cousins had a Frenchie that needed a home...so we are trying her out for a bit. Her name is Aggie, she is 7 years old, and she is the CUTEST! More pics to come soon...that's a promise :)


2 comments:

  1. That jacket is soo freaking fabulous and I love how you styled it!
    Brooke @ what2wear

    ReplyDelete