Thursday, August 23, 2012

Meet Amy

Hey guys...I'm still in packing/stress mode, so today I've got another awesome blogger pal standing in for me. I just wanted to take a quick sec to say thank you all so much for reading. Things have been and will be crazy for the next few weeks...but please bear with me & know that I can't wait to get back to a regular blogging schedule...I MISS you guys! So without further ado...meet Amy:

Hey everyone! I'm Amy and I blog over at Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins. I am SO excited to be posting for Annie while she is resting from her trip to the Bahamas (are you jealous or what?). I just love Annie's style, so of course I am completely honored to be posting here today! And since Annie just spent one of her last weeks of summer on vacation, we decided showing a vacation type outfit would be fitting! If you're anything like me, you probably pack your whole closet when you go on vacation. You know those pictures of people sitting on their suitcases to get them shut? Yea, guilty. I am always the person at the airport praying my bag passes the weight limit. So in attempt to teach myself a lesson, I am showing how a simple maxi can be transformed from day to night (which saves room in the suitcase!) during a warm getaway. Oh and excuse my lame background, unlike Annie, I am and have been in Ohio which mean trees, cornfields and a whole lot of nothing!



Outfit details: Day outfit: Maxi Lauren Conrad for Kohls Shoes: J.crew Jewelry: David Yurman, Target, Francescas, Forever21, Hat: Target Bag: J.Crew Sunnies: Rayban
Night outfit: Blazer: Target Shoes: GUESS Clutch: ZARA Necklace: Macys

The first outfit is totally doable for a day of sightseeing, walking on the pier or sipping frosty beverages, while the second option takes the same dress and creates a more dinner appropriate look! I love taking a simple piece of clothing (like a maxi) and making it work for different occasions. A nice blazer, a pair of heels and the right jewelry can work wonders on an article of clothing and make anything more sophisticated, classy, and fun. Thus, saving room in the suitcase for more bags and shoes! I hope you all pop over to my blog and check out some other great outfits, thanks again to Annie for having me today!

1 comment:

  1. Love this maxi dress!! That necklace is great too!

    www.everydaywitharedhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete